About the role:
1. To deliver materials using Company vehicles both on and off road within safety parameters to customer satisfaction.
2. To be responsible for all loads carried, having completed supporting documentation clearly and accurately specifying all items on the vehicle and that all delivery/collection documents are completed correctly by the customer at the delivery/collection point, and COD procedures strictly observed when necessary.
3. To ensure that the distribution of the load and its security in transit conforms to current vehicle legislation or specific Company instructions.
4. To operate the vehicle with the strict observance of the need to achieve its best economic performance in terms of time, distance, fuel consumption, driver’s hours and safety.
5. To be responsible for the correct and safe operation of all mechanical equipment fitted to the vehicle. The vehicle and equipment must be maintained in a clean and serviceable condition and any damage to the vehicle or its equipment must be reported to the Supervisor/Manager immediately.
6. To maintain a good knowledge of products and materials - their qualities, uses, weights, sizes and quantities in which sold and their availability, distributing promotional literature as appropriate.
7. To maintain start of day maintenance checks.
8. Seek opportunities to add to branch sales when out on deliveries.
9. To participate and drive your development through training and learning from others.
10. Ensure the use of correct documentation when booking goods in and out of the branch
11. Identification and reporting of damaged stock through the correct procedure
12. Completion of daily sheets for MHE and make sure safe operational procedures are adhered to all times
13. To positively promote CCF by being courteous and professional, always providing the highest level of customer service.
1. Good communication skills.
2. Ability to work on own initiative with a minimum of supervision.
3. Excellent customer service skills.
4. Ability to work as a member of a team.
5. Appropriate driving licence and CPC training records.
6. Previous experience as a driver.
7. Good interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to a broad spectrum of individuals.
8. Ability to operate safely.
1. Previous role in a similar customer focused environment.
2. Knowledge of geographical location.
3. Experience in the operation of HIAB/Tail lift equipment or Vehicle mounted FLT’s and transport of hazardous cargo.
Performance Indicators Measurements:
1. Delivery tickets signed dated and timed by customers.
2. Accurate completion of daily defect sheet.
3. Agreed number of loads per day.
4. Observance of speed and weight limits.
5. “Own fault accidents”.
6. Accuracy of loads.
To be considered for this vacancy, please click here to email us your CV.
“At Kingston Smith, we’ve worked with Caroline for over 20 years and I am very happy with the service we’ve received. She is always extremely helpful and quick to respond to vacancies. The high-calibre candidates she sources have helped us to build a very effective, expert workforce.”
- Maureen Penfold (Managing partner)
"Caroline and the team have an extensive knowledge and background within the recruitment sector and work with a wide network of people with a range of job disciplines. They work effectively and are quick to put forward candidates who closely match what we’re looking for. After working with them for the past 15 years - I couldn’t recommend them enough!"
- Garry Payne (Head of HR)