- Assist the Group HR Director in the delivery of the HR strategy for the business and working with the Divisions to ensure that they are aligned to the company objectives.
- Build strong relationships with key managers and stakeholders.
- Provide advice and guidance on employee relations to all Management in line with HR policies, best practices and employment law. This includes but not limited to disciplinaries, grievances, redundancies, TUPE, performance management, absence management, staff development, training and change management.
- Carry out, where required, grievance or disciplinary investigations / meetings, providing assistance/ support/ coaching to management at all levels.
- Ensure policies and procedures (including the Employee Handbook) comply with employment law, and when necessary update in accordance with any organisational and legislative changes.
- Develop and design business focused solutions to all people related matters.
- To fully utilise the HRIS functions and Learning management systems.
- Assist in the delivery of in house training and work with external providers where necessary.
- Arrange occupational health referrals and assist managers on how best to support their staff members following recommendations from occupational health.
- Manage and the maintain visa and sponsorship applications as required by the business.
- Assist in the scoping, implementation and monitoring of HR Projects including employee engagement.
- Be part of the reward and remuneration committee.
- Liaise with Payroll regarding, staff changes, absence management, deductions, benefits.
- Conduct Training needs analysis with divisions as part of the performance review process.
- Working with the Talent Acquisition Manager to develop and maintain an effective induction programme for new starters.
- Analyse with Divisions workforce data to aid decision making.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate to the job as may be reasonably required.
Level 2 English and Maths or equivalent.
• Level 5 -CIPD Qualified or equivalent
• Proven experience of working in a similar role
• Proven experience of using HR database/ systems
• Proven experience of analysing data
• Experience of working in a busy environment
• Experience of Managing a team
• Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing at all levels.
• Solution focused
• Proactive approach and the Ability to work on own initiative
• Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Proven IT skills i.e. MS packages word and excel
• Up to date Knowledge of employment law- CPD
• Attention to detail
• Proven ability to prioritise workload and meet tight deadlines
• Flexible approach to working practices
• Positive attitude
• Full Driving Licence
• Willingness to travel in the UK
• Occasionally unsocial hours work
• Willingness to undertake further self-development
To be considered for this vacancy, please click here to email us your CV.
“At Kingston Smith, we’ve worked with Caroline for over 20 years and I am very happy with the service we’ve received. She is always extremely helpful and quick to respond to vacancies. The high-calibre candidates she sources have helped us to build a very effective, expert workforce.”
- Maureen Penfold (Managing partner)
"Caroline and the team have an extensive knowledge and background within the recruitment sector and work with a wide network of people with a range of job disciplines. They work effectively and are quick to put forward candidates who closely match what we’re looking for. After working with them for the past 15 years - I couldn’t recommend them enough!"
- Garry Payne (Head of HR)