About the role:
To effectively lead, manage and direct the combined Drainage and Tankering divisions to achieve shared business objectives and to fulfil the functions of those reporting in their absence. To create, develop and be accountable for the sales and marketing strategy ensuring targets are accurately identified, communicated and successfully achieved
To lead and motivate the Operational teams ensuring that targets are achieved in line with the company business plan and that high morale is maintained. To be accountable within the Senior Management Team for delivering the agreed business objectives and achieving overall sales targets and service excellence.
(1) Leadership and provision of direction of the business functional divisions and engender collaborative working and resource deployment.
(2) Development and innovation with service provision within key client contracts
(3) New customer and market identification to support divisional sales growth.
(4) Identification of new materials and techniques.
(5) Promotion of good and best practice.
(6) Overseeing operations and specialist projects.
(1) Driving force behind opening and cementing relationships with key clients
(2) Key account management for key client with special focus on Heathrow Airport as customer lead
(3) Determining customer additional requirements and opportunities for innovation.
(4) Drive service excellence through extended team building and collaboration
(5) High level problem resolution.
(1) Planning and effective deployment of operational resources across functional divisions.
(2) Liaison with Transport Managers on fleet maintenance issues.
(3) Planning and organisation of contracts information and reviews
(4) Review and ensure training and competency requirements are delivered
(5) Administer and control of sub-contractors where engaged
(6) First line incident investigation, including appointment of competent investigator and maintenance of suitable records
(7) Conduct disciplinary procedures where so required.
(8) Undertake and maintain resource plan and recruitment as required to ensure service levels are maintained and exceeded.
(9) Interfacing where required with clients and contractors on performance reviews and develop and support KPI management.
(10) Must be able to attain an airside pass.
(1) Overall responsibility for all operational activities within the functional divisions.
(2) To create a work environment and provide resources as necessary to meet customer, legal and company requirements and enhance customer satisfaction. Resources include human resources, infrastructure, work environment, financial and specialist support.
(3) To monitor the implementation of Company policy, holding regular meetings with managers to hear reports and discuss results
(4) To be available out of hours as key operational point of service escalation
(1) Oversee safety documentation including, Risk & Method Statements / Works Package Plans, Task Briefings etc.
(2) Oversee correct use of required permits, licenses and consents relating to works
(3) First line investigation of incidents and near misses
£50 - £55k dependent on experience plus car
To be considered for this vacancy, please click here to email us your CV.
“At Kingston Smith, we’ve worked with Caroline for over 20 years and I am very happy with the service we’ve received. She is always extremely helpful and quick to respond to vacancies. The high-calibre candidates she sources have helped us to build a very effective, expert workforce.”
- Maureen Penfold (Managing partner)
"Caroline and the team have an extensive knowledge and background within the recruitment sector and work with a wide network of people with a range of job disciplines. They work effectively and are quick to put forward candidates who closely match what we’re looking for. After working with them for the past 15 years - I couldn’t recommend them enough!"
- Garry Payne (Head of HR)