About the role:
Provide appropriate technical support; ensure that all products sold meet mandatory safety and legal standards, complying with Company quality, environmental and ethical requirements. Implement agreed QA standards and procedures.
Your key responsibilities will be:
Dealing with suppliers, customers, overseas offices, Account Coordinators, Stock control personal, Creative department and various other functions within the business on a daily basis to ensure products are launched in-line with business timescales. Developing new products; ensuring compliance with regulations and QA testing requirements. Ensure all information on packaging and labelling is correct, through involvement at the packaging brief stage. Dealing with customer complaints; investigating reasons for customer returns, reporting back to QA manager reasons for complaint and possible resolutions.
• Implement QA procedures for suppliers to follow via our overseas offices, to ensure products meet or exceed quality, legal and safety standards.
• Implement appropriate test requirements and specifications for products, to maximise competitiveness
• Review and assess the suitability of products against Company legal and safety standard.
• Ensure all information on packaging and labelling is correct, through involvement at the packaging brief stage.
• Maintain records of specific product inspections and testing to agreed criteria.
• Ensure that the department Critical Path Information is regularly updated.
• Provide technical support when necessary
• Instigate, monitor and manage routine reporting of Faulty Goods and Cost of Poor Quality.
• Ensure early identification of product / process issues, alerting QA Manager.
• Monitor and investigate customer and product incident reports.
• Recommend action to be taken to QA Manager (e.g. Remove from Sale, Product Recall or Product Testing).
• Follow through on action liaising with departments, customer relations and suppliers as necessary.
• Ensure the Customer Complaints Database is regularly updated.
• Manage the day to day supplier issues by prompt communication and timely meetings.
• Recommend to QA Manager, priorities for supplier assessments.
• Gather and feedback audit reports on new and existing suppliers / manufacturers by assessing their quality management and ethical / environmental systems / procedures.
• Ensure the Supplier Database is regularly updated.
• Reporting completed fully and to deadline for...
o Cost of poor quality
o Faulty Goods
o Top Ten worst performing products
o Testing in progress and reason for delays
You should have:
• Ideally a graduate with a technical/science background. Knowledge/natural interest in Homeware and electrical product ranges. Good communication skills, methodical and logical in approach to work. Understanding of British Standards would be desirable. Relevant training will be provided.
To be considered for this vacancy, please click here to email us your CV.
“At Kingston Smith, we’ve worked with Caroline for over 20 years and I am very happy with the service we’ve received. She is always extremely helpful and quick to respond to vacancies. The high-calibre candidates she sources have helped us to build a very effective, expert workforce.”
- Maureen Penfold (Managing partner)
"Caroline and the team have an extensive knowledge and background within the recruitment sector and work with a wide network of people with a range of job disciplines. They work effectively and are quick to put forward candidates who closely match what we’re looking for. After working with them for the past 15 years - I couldn’t recommend them enough!"
- Garry Payne (Head of HR)